Thursday, January 29, 2009

Week 10- Thing 20

After having looked through several of the categories and sites in the Web 2.0 Award nominee list, I came back to one that I had looked at a while ago in a previous Vermont's 23 Things lesson. That site is Library Thing. Though I cannot imagine ever having the time to actually log my personal collection into the site, I think there is much there of interest. Author chats, book talks, early reviewers, discussions by genre etc. As one person commented, " ... I love the reviews and recommendation service on Amazon, but it's even better on library thing... I think that it could be really useful even if I never use it to catalog my own books."

I could also see directing patrons who are avid readers to the site---especially those who like a particular genre and who perhaps do not have people to share or discuss books in this genre in our very small town.

No comments: