Friday, January 30, 2009

Week 11- Thing 22

Wow, I have heard my kids talk about podcasts and how they would listen to their favorite NPR shows on their computer, at their convenience but now I know how to do that and am excited for the possibilities. I am not sure how the library would use this particular "thing" as far as downloading podcasts--other than telling/teaching patrons about how this works and what a great resource it is. In our town, highspeed internet is not available to all (including me except at work) so downloading anything is a bother. But for those who have it at home or want to come to the library to download podcasts, it has lots of potential.

I can't really see our small library creating a podcast--though some kind of "read-a-loud" one would be fun. Or maybe an "oral histories of town citizens" one. But I don't think we have the time or resources for it at this point in time.

No comments: