Thursday, January 29, 2009

Week 11- Thing 21

Here is the link to the video I chose off of YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJlkplvYdgA It is not exactly a library video, but I love it. It is a video clip that came up when I searched for "libraries" under YouTube. Though I found others, I came back to this one because I LOVE cookie monster!

Prior to this lesson, I knew about YouTube because my kids had shown me a video clip or two on it. But I was under the impression that it was mostly something that kids posted their videos on. I was very pleased to see that I could find things of historical interest, such as Martin Luther King's "I Have Dream" speech.

I liked the idea of having a YouTube video contest entitled "Why I love Peacham Library," or something of the sort. I think using this as a way to get kids into the library to talk about what we have here and to shoot the video or whatever is a good idea.

Other ideas would be videoing events that we have and putting them online for people who missed them.---Though I guess that would make for a video that is too long.

No comments: