Friday, October 10, 2008

Week 3- Things 6- Mashups

Well, I just spent a lot of time exploring the various links to the mashups listed on the 23 Things site. Some of them seem pretty fun. I can see how someone who was really info flickr and internet possiblities would enjoy this. I suspect that it is nothing I would personally use much. But I could possibly forsee using some of the mashup sites to creat posters for events at the library. I especially think it could be fun to use the Spell with Flickr and the Flickr Color Pickr to make posters for children's programs at the library. On the other had, the cost in ink, especially colored ink, to print out the posters that might be created would be kind of expensive.

As always, there are endless possibliites but there is not endless amounts of TIME to use this stuff!!!

I just used Spell with Flickr to write out STORY HOUR but, after much time and frustration, I could not figure out how to get that imgae moved here to my blog. On the one hand, I like being able to do this course in my own time, but on the other hand, when I hit a wall and can't figure out how to do things, here I sit alone with no one to help me. This is the problem with online courses sometime. There is no teacher to ask. And asking a question online is hard to do since there are so many "click here" kind of steps that are better shown in person.

Still I am happy to have been exposed to the possiblities, and perhaps I can mess around with them in the presence of someone who could help me use them.

No comments: