Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Week 5- Thing 10- Exercise 2 and 3

I can see the fascination for kids to use the Internet as a way to keep in touch with each other. My limited experience with it, however, makes me worry a bit that kids are spending so much time on the Internet. Face to face interaction seems to have taken a back seat to Internet interaction.

That said, since it seems that these social networking sites are here to stay for a while, I suppose it could be a good thing if libraries tried to tap into youth through these sites. However, I wonder if the kids will use the sites. Will the library use valuable time to set up these sites only to have them used by very few kids? I don't know the answer to that and would be curious to hear if these sites are in fact useful to libraries for connection with youth.

No comments: